One of the things about the human body is that it is able to reflect its condition at any particular time. Whenever it is affected by one condition or another, e.g. ill health or malnutrition, the body shows it. Thus, one can actually know another person’s health condition by observing their body.
It cannot be overemphasized that taking care of one’s total health is paramount for healthy living. Also important is the need to take care of one’s appearance.
These days, there are various methods that people adopt to handle their health problems. Most drugs handle internal health issues without handling outward challenges. Many times, different treatments have to be bought for the various health challenges.
But what if there was a way to improve your health while simultaneously improving your skin and general appearance?
CBD and Its Products
There is no doubt that CBD is a trending wellness product. It seems to be what society is all about today. However, not many people know of its properties or the whole spectrum of its products, uses and its capabilities.
It is one of the components that make up the cannabis plant (also known as marijuana). It is also known as cannabidiol. You can read more on it here.
It is important to note, however, that there are many other chemical compounds that make up the cannabis plant. The two major components are Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC for short) and Cannabidiol (CBD for short).
However, while tetrahydrocannabinol is psychoactive, meaning that it gets you high, cannabidiol is not psychoactive. On the contrary, it has been found to have enormous medical and health benefits to all mammals (of which humans are included). This is the primary reason why it is in vogue today.
What Are Its Health Benefits?
Available research so far has shown that cannabidiol has many health benefits. It has to be added though that more research has to be done to properly ascertain some of these health benefits. But so far, these are its medically recognized benefits:
- Relief from Anxiety and Depression: It helps to reduce the symptoms of anxiety and depression in those who suffer from panic attacks and depression.
- Pain Relief: It provides relief from various kinds of bodily pain. It is even preferred over pain medications that are usually recommended to people.
- Helps Prevent Diabetes: Diabetes is caused by the glucose and cholesterol level in the blood. However, CBD consumption helps to regulate the glucose and cholesterol level in the blood, thereby treating or preventing diabetes.
- Helps in Blood Pressure Reduction: This is because it is able to boost and improve heart function.
- Helps in Cancer Prevention: It has been proven to be effective in cancer prevention as it is able to prevent growth of tumor.
- It Is Anti-Inflammatory: It is also very helpful in preventing all forms of inflammation that occur in the body.
- Acne Prevention and Skin Treatment: It has been proven to be very efficient in the prevention and treatment of acne and other skin conditions and diseases.
You can read more on this here: https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/cbd-oil-benefits.
Modes of CBD Consumption
There are four (4) major ways CBD is consumed, they are:
- By Inhalation: This is done either by smoking, using an oil rig or by vaping, using a vaporizer pen.
- By Ingestion: This is a very popular means of taking CBD. It simply involves adding it to your food.
- Taking It Sublingually: This generally involves purchasing tinctures and then putting a few drops of oil under the tongue. You then hold those drops in your mouth for about 30 seconds after which you can swallow.
- By Topical or Transdermal Application: This is done by applying cannabidiol-based creams, balms and ointments on the skin, in the case of topicals. When it involves transdermals, patches and salves are used.
Are Topical and Transdermal Applications Effective?
Of all the forms of CBD consumption, the most misunderstood one so far seems to be topical and transdermal application. This is because people often ask the question; is it effective?
The answer to the above question is yes, it is very effective and in some scenarios, it can even be the more preferred option. It has to be understood that though frequently used together, they do not entirely mean the same thing.
This is because although topicals are made to be absorbed through skin and give relief in the area where they are applied, transdermal products, though similar, have a slight variation in their purpose. They are specifically made to be able to permeate through the skin and to go deeper, even into the tissues and in the blood streams.
Are There Any Advantages to Their Use?
Once again, the answer to this question is yes. This is because of the following:
- They are easy to use
- Nothing extra aside from the creams and salves are required
- Very effective at relaxing the muscles
- Also very effective at handling skin challenges and conditions
Aside from the above listed advantages, the major benefits of topicals and transdermals are their great effects on the skin. They are able to greatly nourish the skin, giving skin a very healthy look while also improving health.
It is said that variety is the spice of life. This is also true where it concerns the use of cannabidiol for health purposes.
There are many ways that CBD can be taken by an individual which are all equally effective. It is now left for individuals to choose what suits them the best.